I’ve been a long time fan of Vegan Cuts, which is essentially a vegan-focused coupon/discount site. You can subscribe to their deal alerts to get emails highlighting special deals of the week (which is how I scored this adorable vegan elephant tank from LoveInfinitely for a great price!). I’ve known about their snack box for a little while and was thrilled when they agreed to send me one to review.
I received the August 2013 Vegan Cuts Snack Box, which had nine items ranging from soda to protein powder. I had a blast trying all the different products and loved most of them.
- Garden of Life Raw Protein Energy Powder: I greatly enjoyed this powder, I found it be not too sweet and made of high-quality ingredients. Would buy this again in a heartbeat.
- Boomchickapop Sea Salt Popcorn: Loved. Not only was the packaging adorable but the popcorn itself was tasty and seasoned perfectly.
- Pretzel Crisps: So yummy, I dipped them in hummus and was in heaven! They are salty and crunchy and delightful.
- Emmy’s Organics Lemon Ginger Macaroons: These were ok. They weren’t as much of a treat as I had hoped, more like an energy snack, sort of Larabar-esque. I enjoyed trying them but probably wouldn’t buy them unless I needed a snack to travel with.
- Squarebar: This had a nice chocolate-y taste but not too sweet. Very good for a protein bar, I would buy this for traveling or hiking.
- LesserEvil Southern BBQ Chia Chips: These I didn’t love as much I had hoped, especially given that I got a big bag of them. They weren’t bad, nice smokey flavor and good crunch, but they weren’t something I could just sit and eat. For me, they definitely need a good dip to go with them, perhaps some guacamole or a seven-layer dip.
- Dream Water: I received this in my Conscious Box as well, as an incurable insomniac, I was excited to try it but didn’t find that it did anything for me either time.
- Zevia Black Cherry: I loved this soda! I try to only drink water and tea, so I probably wouldn’t ever purchase this but I greatly enjoyed it. It had a strong black cherry flavor that didn’t taste fake, and the sweetness was perfect. If you do drink soda or flavored beverages and are looking for something healthier, this is a great choice.
- MRM Hydration Factor Electrolyte Powder: The flavor on this wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible. I was glad to have it on a hot day. Depending on the price, I would consider purchasing this to bring with me on runs.
The Vegan Cuts Snack Box comes monthly for a subscription fee of $19.95/month. The boxes are mostly gluten-free, and contain 7-10 items. Most of the samples in this box were full-sized, and I got a coupon for $2 off a six-pack of Zevia soda, which I found to be quite tasty in the black cherry flavor.
The true value in the box is being able to try different products without having to buy the full-size first, particularly for items like protein powder that tend to come in large, expensive tubs. It’s also a great way to discover products you love, and then keep an eye out for deals on them at Vegan Cuts!
Overall, I think the Vegan Cuts Snack Box is worth it if you are someone who likes trying a wide-array of products, if you’re a snacker and if you have $19.95 per month to spare. The Snack Box would make an awesome gift for the vegan in your life. Vegan Cuts offers three options for gifting the box: one, three or six boxes. They offer discounts for the three and six box gift orders.