Chub rub, more politely known as inner-thigh chafing, is the bane of my existence. Having narrow-set hips, I experience chub rub whether I’m actually chubby or not. I can burn through a pair of jeans in months, and I don’t dare wear corduroys EVER (consequently, I just now learned how to spell corduroys!). When I wear skirts, it’s even worse – I’ve rubbed myself raw to the point of bleeding. I’ve tried runners lube, body powder, deodorant, coconut oil, none of which last a whole day AND most of which leave my inner thighs greasy – not the most attractive feeling in the world. Bicycle shorts, tights/nylons, shapewear and anti-cellulite shorts work but are generally too long for a lot of skirts, and can be expensive and/or uncomfortable.
So, what’s a girl to do?! I stumbled across the perfect solution by chance – Bandelettes! Bandelettes are sexy, garter-style, 6-inch long, elastic lace thigh bands that you wear over your trouble spot(s). The material prevents chafing by protecting the exact spot where your legs rub together.
Bandelettes was kind enough to send me both a beige and a black pair of bands to try out (they also have red, white and chocolate options!). They are $14.99 per pair, and come in five different sizes. You choose your size by measuring the widest part of your thigh. The silicon bands on the inside prevent slippage, the elasticity provides a snug hold and the lace makes ’em fashionable.
Bandelettes Pros and Cons
- Sexy as hell! These give the feeling and look of wearing sensual undergarments while also being functional
- Comfortable! The bands stay in place without binding or causing bulge. I get sick of wearing shapewear that makes me feel like I can’t breathe, and frankly I like not having my crotch smothered (just sayin!)
- Affordable! $14.99 is a great price for such a perfect solution, especially considering some of the undergarments I’ve rubbed holes through have cost upwards of $60
- Works with short skirts! And maybe shorts! The bands are short enough to work under most skirts, and they are cute enough that I think they could work under certain pairs of shorts as a sexy lace accent
- Convenient! The bands are very thin, so they would fit easily into a purse for emergency chub rub prevention. They are easy to put on and are much less of a hassle than tights
- No mess! No more messy, greasy lube or powder solutions for this girl!
- Could wear out fairly quickly. The lace material looks a lot less sturdy than the pair of jeans I just destroyed, so I’m thinking the bands won’t last me forever. If I can get 3-6 months out of each pair, though, I personally think it’s worth the price.
- Difficult under tight skirts or in humidity. I wore them for the first time out on a very humid night under a cotton pencil skirt, and they did end up shifting during my long walkabout. Nothing a quick trip to the bathroom couldn’t have fixed but worth mentioning. Under the pencil skirt, whether I pulled the skirt up or rolled it down to pee, the bands had to be adjusted each time because the skirt’s tightness would cause the bands’ edges to roll. In my opinion, not a big deal but want to mention it.
- Lace might show under certain materials. The lace’s texture would likely show under a skirt made of any thin, unforgiving material. I think the texture may have shown slightly under my blue pencil skirt, but not enough to be a problem.
So there you have it! Overall, I’m absolutely over-the-moon in love with this product. Discovering an affordable solution to my chub rub problem that makes me feel feminine, sexy and comfortable is a blessing. I highly recommend Bandelettes for anyone suffering from chafing, or as a considerate gift for a friend-in-need! I know I’ll be placing an order for the red ones soon, rawr!
If you want to see more pictures of Bandelettes and different sexy ways to wear them, check out the Bandelettes Facebook page.
Bandelettes generously agreed to offer my readers a 15% discount with coupon code “veganspin”, good until September 28. Stock up today!!!